a few notes about the DECU Blog
About Our Blog
DECU’s mission is to provide exceptional financial service to our Members. Our blog has been developed as an open forum you can visit to learn about relevant financial topics, news, community goings-on, and advice that will help you save time and money. This blog is not intended to be construed as legal advice.
If you find a topic helpful, you’re free to share it with others you know. If a topic being discussed sparks additional questions or comments, we ask that you adhere to our posting guidelines when posting and/or commenting on the site. If you have questions, comments, or thoughts of additional topics you’d like added, please send us an email.
This blog is intended as an open forum, maintained in a family-friendly atmosphere. Please use appropriate language at all times when posting and/or commenting on posts. When you submit content, you are granting Decatur Earthmover Credit Union the right to use the content in any DECU website, social media channel, digital and print media, without payment or any other considerations.
General posting guidelines are provided below. All comments/posts will be reviewed and any items that do not comply with the following standards will not be posted. DECU also reserves the right to remove any post made at any time for any reason.
- Content deemed graphic, obscene, explicit, racial, or disparaging in any form or context is not permitted.
- Content we consider to be abusive, hateful, inflammatory, or intended to defame any person(s) and/or entity is not permitted.
- Content that seeks to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency is not permitted.
- Solicitations and/or advertisements are not permitted.
- Content that contains any suggestion or encouragement of illegal activity is not permitted.
- Participation on our blog is done so at your own risk; therefore, you are taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information you provide.
- Comments that vary greatly from the overall theme of a particular discussion thread may be subject to removal.
- Note that the appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement by DECU.