Get all the latest content delivered right to you.
“This year has flown by!”
I’m sure you’ve heard this once or twice by now. Maybe you’ve even been saying it yourself. We say it every year, but that doesn’t ever prepare us for the upcoming year to fly by as well.
It seems like yesterday was the Fourth of July and one blink later it’s almost Christmas. If December took you by surprise, you are not alone. But don’t worry! It’s not too late to make some extra cash for the holiday season.
1. Become a Lyft or Uber driver. You can choose your own hours and make some money on the side.
2. Try dog sitting/walking. Sites like Rover.com and Care.com offer safe and easy opportunities for pet sitting.
3. Offer to babysit. Parents are always looking for a sitter this time of year. Between the holiday parties, Friendsgivings, and Christmas shopping, there’s plenty of opportunity. Connect with parents you know or find a new clientele with a site like Care.com and Sitter.com.
4. Sell your stuff. This one kills two birds with one stone. You can clean and declutter before Christmas and make some extra money. Try sites like Poshmark and Decluttr or simply post for sale items on Facebook.
5. Shovel snow. Whether we like it or not, winter is here and with it comes snow. Most people hate shoveling and will gladly pay so they don’t have to do it. Ask friends, family, and neighbors if they are looking for someone to take over that terrible task. You can also post on Facebook or in community groups that you are looking for driveways to shovel.
6. Wrap presents. Festive wrapping adds a little extra to your gift. However, not many people have that skill. Offer your artistic wrapping talent instead.
7. Bake for others. Are you a good baker? Offer your talents and services to others. Many people enjoy giving homemade goodies to coworkers, neighbors, and clients. You can cash in on that by offering to make the goods for them.
8. Cash in old gift cards. Cardpool buys unused gift cards. So if you have an old iTunes card laying around that you’ll never use, exchange it for money!
9. Cash in your change. Do you have jars of change laying around? Cash them in! Not a cash kind of person? Virtually cash in your change with DECU Spare Change Roundup.
10. Join Task Rabbit. If you are handy and Task Rabbit is offered in your area, sign up! You could earn money by doing simple tasks like putting together furniture, moving heavy items, or cleaning a house.