We don’t know about you, but we’re all about making life easier. If it can be simplified, it should be. This is especially true around the holidays. Holidays, while fun and exciting, can be stressful. There are gifts to buy, meals to prepare, presents to wrap, family to visit… and all on a budget! Well don’t worry – we are here to help.
DECU offers a variety of credit cards – all with awesome perks and incentives. Whether you’re a student or a business owner, a high roller or a regular Joe, we’ve got you covered. Our most popular credit card is the Platinum Visa, which allows you to choose from two award tracks: a 1% rebate of purchases or a 1% lower annual percentage rate. And those are just the beginning of our exciting platinum package.
Check out all the perks on our website and keep reading for easy holiday credit card tips and tricks.
- DECU offers the option to skip a payment in December. That means more money to spend on presents and travel. Take advantage of that this year and use the money on a family treat.
- Are you splitting the cost of your family’s thanksgiving feast? How about going in with your sisters on a Christmas gift for your mom? You can easily transfer money from your card to another with our Popmoney feature.
- To prevent the hassle of fraud this holiday season, sign up for eAlerts. Receive a text message or email any time your card is used. It’s an easy way to track your purchases and stay on top of fraud activity.
- We’re doing our part to prevent fraud as well. While it’s better to be safe than sorry, it can be frustrating if your card is put on hold due to a legitimate purchase. To prevent this, save our fraud department’s number (888-918-7313) in your phone and ensure we have your updated contact information. You can read about the importance of this step in a recent blog post.
- We know your statement can lean more toward “Halloween haunting” than “Christmas cheer,” but it’s important to keep an eye on it all season long. Credit card transactions are abundant around the holidays, so it’s a prime time for fraud. It’s best to keep an eye on what’s happening and make sure all the purchases are yours. You also don’t want to be blind-sided by a large statement at the end of the month. It can be scary, but it’s best to keep track of what you are spending.
- Traveling for the holidays? Book your trip with our Platinum Visa and automatically receive $500,000 travel accident insurance. It’s one less thing to worry about! Auto rental coverage is also included when renting vehicles.
- Save more to spend more with our low interest rates! We've got some of the lowest rates around, ranging from 8.9% to 16.9% with the opportunity to lower that by 1%. A 7.9% APR? That makes splurging on Christmas presents so much easier.
- Last, pumpkin’s not just for the fall. Check out some of these delicious pumpkin recipes perfect for holiday gatherings! This one doesn’t have anything to do with credit cards, but we still think it’s important.
Are you ready to make these holidays easier for you and your wallet? Apply for our Visa credit card today! You can apply online, in person, or over the phone. Now’s the perfect time so you can be sure you’ll have it for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.