Get all the latest content delivered right to you.
One of the best and easiest ways to reduce your risk of identity theft? Shredding unwanted documents! If you don’t have access to a shredder or you let too many documents pile up and you’re feeling overwhelmed, we can help. Throughout the year, we offer multiple shred days so you can shred responsibly. Follow our Facebook page to stay up to date on all upcoming shred dates.
If you aren’t sure what to shred, we’ve made a list of 10 things you should definitely shred instead of simply throwing away.
1. All documents that include social security numbers, birthdates, PINs, or passwords
2. All documents from a financial institution
3. Leases, contracts, and other letters that include a signature
4. Pre-approved credit card applications
5. Medical or dental bills
6. Travel itineraries
7. Used airline tickets
8. Insurance policy statements
9. Copies of important documents (if no longer needed) like a passport, birth certificate, etc.
10. Expired debit or credit cards