What to watch for:
1. E-Skimming, which is the act of exploiting weak websites and stealing personal information.
2. Social media scams like fake profiles promoting fake stores.
3. Porch pirates aka stealing packages from porches.
4. Fake shipment updates in which a scammer notifies you of a shipment issue and requests your personal info.
5. Fake charities, which seems extra nefarious!
How to prevent it:
1. Monitor your accounts daily by using online and mobile banking.
2. Don't access accounts using public Wi-Fi.
3. Have remote wiping software for your devices.
4. Know your billing cycles.
5. Look for secure sites to use. Look for signs of secure transaction, such as a closed-lock icon and "https://..." in the address bar.