Dogs are wise beyond their years. Here are some things I have learned from my dogs in the world of finances.
- Eat the trash. Saves on the dog food bill!
- Pee in the bathtub. I'm not sure how this one saves money, but I'm sure he had something in mind. Water bill, maybe?
- When you're done wearing your sweater, unravel the whole thing and use it as a toy. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, right?
- Sleep on somebody else's bed. You don't need a fancy bed of your own if you just use your charm to snuggle your way onto somebody else's. Friend's share.
- Okay a real one... Get just as excited about splashing in the hose as you would for the water park. Fetch sticks instead of shopping for expensive knick-knacks. Going to the park, hiking, or sledding with the whole family costs much less than pricey visits to theme parks or resorts where you'll have to leave the furry kids behind. In my opinion, free fun is way better than some of the more expensive hobbies or entertainment.
I didn't say these were all GOOD tips, and I don't know about you, but I love my dogs. Have you learned any "money-saving tips" from your dog?