What’s better than a nice summer day with your family and friends? Nothing.
Here are 7 summer fun ideas for Central Illinois. You won’t want to miss these!
- Visit the Devon Lakeshore Amphitheater: With beautiful views and amazing vibes, you will always leave happy! With awesome bands and cute movies playing every week there is something for everyone in the family, especially when the movies are FREE!
- Visit the Abraham Lincoln Memorial Library & Museum: Beautiful exhibits and immersive displays make for a fun and educational day in Springfield. Visitors of every age are bound to find Lincoln’s story and the human costs of slavery and war to be both compelling and harrowing.
- Visit the many breweries in Central Illinois and bring the whole family!With great food, games, drinks, and music, there is something for the whole family. There’s Door 4, Decatur Brew Works, Golden Fox, Blind Pig Brewery, Obed & Isaac’s Microbrewery, and many more!
- Visit the numerous zoos that feature beautiful animals from all over the world. Choose from Scovill Zoo in Decatur, Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington, and Peoria Zoo. Bring the whole family for a wonderful day in the sun and to learn about the amazing history of these zoos.
- Take a virtual ride in a mining truck at the Caterpillar Visitors Center.As a Midwesterner would know, Caterpillar is a leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, and their bright yellow machinery can be spotted across the globe.
- Take a boat ride or ride a kayak around any of our beautiful lakes. Lake Shelbyville, Lake Decatur, and Lake Springfield are perfect spots for boats, jet skis, kayaks, and more!
- Take a trip to Overlook Adventure Park and Splash Cove for a sunny day filled with mini-golf, rope courses, pools, slides, and a lazy river! You won’t be disappointed.
Central Illinois has a huge range of outdoor, adventure, historical, and cultural activities fit for every traveler of all ages.