Your Privacy is Important to Us
We want you to know we work hard to protect your privacy. Read up on all the ways we do it.
If after reading this notice you have questions, please contact us at:
or write to:
Decatur Earthmover Credit Union
PO Box 2515
Decatur, IL 62525-1856
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
• Information about your transactions with us or others
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
• Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers or from other financial institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
• Financial service providers, such as insurance companies
• Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, financial statement publishers/printers, plastic card processors, government agencies, and mail houses.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information regarding those with whom we have joint marketing agreements. This information may be disclosed to other companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to nonaffiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize so that we may provide members competitive products and services.
DX Mobile periodically collects, transmits, and uses geolocation information for enabling features that prevent fraudulent card use and alerts, but only if the End User expressly authorizes collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the Solution is being used or not at all, depending on the End User’s selection. The End User can change his/her/their location permissions at any time in their device settings.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Decatur Earthmover Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you except as permitted by you or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need that information to provide products or services for you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can do to Help Protect Your Privacy
Decatur Earthmover Credit union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
• Protect your account numbers, card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your ATM, debit, or credit card; this can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
• Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you claiming the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
• Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
Let us know if you have questions; we're here to serve you! If you'd prefer not to receive promotional communication from DECU, call a member service representative at: 217-875-2301 or 800-542-6474.