Limit Your Transfers From Savings
Otherwise, you'll have to come in and do them in person.
Due to Federal Regulation D some of your DECU withdrawals and/or transfers will be limited to 6 (six) per month. Withdrawals and/or transfers from your savings and club accounts are affected when the following transactions occur:
- Transfers made using Online Banking
- Overdraft Transfers (made automatically to cover insufficient funds in other accounts)
- Pre-Authorized, automatic, scheduled or recurring transfers or withdrawals.
Each transfer and withdrawal listed above counts as one transaction, and you may have 6 (six) on each account during a calendar month. When you have reached your Regulation D transaction limit, any further Regulation D withdrawal or transfer attempt will not be processed.
Transactions that are not affected by the regulation include:
- ATM transactions
- Transfers made to your DECU loans
- Transactions done in person
- Transactions sent in by mail or placed in a DECU Night Drop
- Any transactions that post to your checking account.
Here are some tips that you can follow to avoid the Regulation D limits:
- Plan ahead and make 1 large transfer instead of several small transfers
- Have your payroll deposited into your checking account instead of your savings account
- Do not setup ACH automatic debits with merchants or service providers to come out of your savings account
- Visit a DECU branch, either in person or drop a note in the DECU Night Drop to have transfers performed
- Balance your checkbook regularly to help limit the number of overdraft transfers
- Apply for a line of credit loan in case you need an extra overdraft transfer.