Sign the back and write "for mobile deposit only at DECU" and you can deposit your checks from anywhere with your smartphone.
How do I endorse a check for Mobile Deposit? Before you scan both sides of a check for Mobile Deposit, please write on the back of the check:
- Your signature
- "for Mobile Deposit Only at DECU"
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a new feature in our mobile banking (m.decu.com) and the DECU iPhone app (Android app to follow) that allows you to deposit checks to your savings or checking account remotely by capturing an image of your check with your phone or tablet.
Is there a fee to use Mobile Deposit? No
Who is eligible for Mobile Deposit? The system will verify your account daily. If your account meets the criteria below, you will be able to use this feature:
- You have an open checking or savings account
- Your mobile deposit access is active
- You must have active online banking
Is Mobile Deposit available on my DECU Business Account?
Yes, a business account can do a mobile deposit
What is the enrollment process for Mobile Deposit?
Once you meet the requirements, the "Deposit" menu option will be available to you in mobile banking (m.decu.com). Download the updated app from the iTunes store if the "Deposit" menu option doesn't appear.
I took a photo and it still says "FRONT," so now what do I do? The photo of the front of your check has not been accepted.
- Make sure all four corners of the check are visible
- Stand over the check so the image is level
- Place the check on either a darker background or a white background and scan it again
- If your phone takes really high megapixel photos you may need to choose a smaller megapixel size photo
Once the "Front" photo is accepted it will say "Back" for you to take a photo of the back of your check. When the "Back" photo is accepted it will walk you through the rest of the process.
For security purposes, should I delete the photos of the check from my phone?
While the process is like taking a photo of a check, the camera is only capturing an image of the check. The image is not stored on your phone as it is when you take a photo.
How soon after I make a Mobile Deposit will I have access to the funds? If we are open mobile deposit will be available the same business day. See Mobile Deposit Agreement.
How do I know my Mobile Deposit has been received? You can check the status of your deposit in the Activity section of mobile banking.
What happens if my Mobile Deposit is rejected? You will receive a notification by email if your deposit is not accepted and does not post to your account.
What makes a check ineligible for Mobile Deposit? You are not permitted to deposit the following items using Mobile Deposit:
- Any item drawn on your account
- Any item that is stamped "non-negotiable," "void," or any other word or phrase indicating that the item is not valid
- Any item that appears to contain altered information
- Any item issued by a financial institution in a foreign country
- Any item that is incomplete or contains incomplete information
- Any item that is post-dated or dated over six (6) months ago
- Any item that has been previously negotiated or deposited into any account
- Any item missing the proper endorsement
Are there deposit limits with Mobile Deposit? Yes, deposit limits are set as follows:
- $5,000 max check amount per day. 6 checks per day.
- $5,000 max check amount per week. 18 checks per week.
- $10,000 max check amount per month. 30 checks per month.
How many checks can be included in one Mobile Deposit? One check per deposit.
What should I do with the check once it has been imaged/deposited? You should securely store original check(s) for a period of 30 days after you have verified that your deposit has been accepted then shred or destroy them.
What mobile devices currently support Mobile Deposit? The Mobile Deposit feature is available on any mobile device via m.decu.com or the iPhone app.
If I have questions or encounter a problem with Mobile Deposit, where can I find help? Please call us at 217-875-2301 or 800-542-6474 (outside Decatur).